Stop here for your *Shelter in Place* date night ideas:
Staying in for date night can be just as fun as going out! Tell me which one you’re trying first!
- “Insert last name” Coffeehouse – Light a candle, turn on some Jack Johnson radio, pour your mugs of coffee and sit down at the table together (sans TV). Pretend you’re out at a coffee shop and chat about things like favorite vacations you’ve been on, the first place you’re going for dinner as soon as this is over, and home features you want in your next house (that you’ve realized since being quarantined!) Or, if you want to get really deep, head over to this article and take turns answering the 36 questions that lead to love.
- The “At Home” Drive In Experience – This one is perfect for those of you with kiddos (or not)! Pop some popcorn and grab some movie snacks, get your laptop and head for the car. Pull it into the driveway and watch a good, suspenseful movie on your laptop (of if you’re really fancy, maybe you have a projector to project it on the house). PS: Get comfy – don’t forget the blankets and pillows. This one feels most like you’re out on a date (and if you have kids, bring the monitor with you).
- Game Night – Mix up your favorite cocktails – spicy margaritas, old fashioneds, French 75’s, whatever sounds good – and get out the games. Whether you play an old school round of Battleship or race each other in Mario Kart, a little competition is always fun!
- His & Hers Double Feature Movie Night – Uncork a bottle of the good wine you’ve been saving for a special occasion (this IS a special occasion)! You pick a movie they’ve never seen, then they pick a movie you’ve never seen and watch them back to back! OR you can each pick your favorite movie of all time. Don’t forget to turn your couch into a SUPER couch! Get all the pillows and blankets and get SUPER comfy!
- Cooking Class – Put on your aprons, get out your fanciest wine glasses and get cooking! Pick a favorite recipe to create, do a wine tasting with a few smaller dishes or try a brand new recipe you find on Pinterest.
- Virtual Vacation – Plan your dream vacation. Where would you go? Look up hotels, restaurants, things to do and plan out the vacation as if you were going. Look at pictures and plan your itinerary! Maybe you can actually take the vacation once this is over!
- Get Outside and Pack a Picnic (for the backyard) – Go on a nice, long hike and when you get back, lay out a blanket and have a picnic in the backyard. Pre-make some yummy sandwiches, your favorite chips, and chocolate chip cookies for dessert! Or make it fancy with a variety of cheeses, meats, grapes and champagne.
- Netflix and Takeout – Okay, maybe this one isn’t that “creative”, but it’s always fun! Order takeout from a local restaurant offering curbside pickup and binge watch a new Netflix show OR a classic like The Office.
- Painting and Pizza – Time to spruce up a room in the house or ready for a change? Relive the day you moved in! Have pizza delivered, drink wine out of plastic cups and get to painting that accent wall in the master bedroom or freshening up the laundry room that’s looking a little dreary. Blast your favorite Spotify playlist and talk about when you bought your house and reminisce about how excited you were to tackle home projects. What projects have you tackled? How long have you lived there? What memories have you made since moving in?
- Go for a Drive – Pick a nice, sunny day to go for a drive. Pick up coffee from a local spot offering curbside takeout. Drive out to a scenic spot, explore a new city, or drive through a place that brings back memories! Pack a lunch to go, play some music and have fun!
Now tell me which one you’re doing first!